Friday, June 22, 2012

For my grandson on his birthday...

Damian Carson Rice




Today is my grandson's 5th birthday.  I am his only surviving grandparent.  Through no fault of my own, I haven't seen him in over two years.  His mother, my ex-daughter-in-law, divorced my son and is currently with another man, both in the Army in Tennesseee.  His father, my son, told me he doesn't feel like a father.  Both need to grow up and stop being so self-centered.  To both of them, I ask the following questions:
 
What are YOUR actions and attitudes teach Damian about life?
 What are you both teaching him about family? 

What are you both teaching him about responsibility?
And why are you both being so darned hard-headed and selfish?"

I don't want an answer; I want you to ask yourselves these questions and answer yourselves honestly.  If either of you can even BE honest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To my grandson, Damian Carson Rice:

Happy birthday, Damian, wherever you are. I love you, and I hope you are safe and well, and that you stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment