Friday, January 31, 2014

The Journey

The Journey


I began a journey 

The other day;

Where it will lead, 

I cannot say.

To realms unexplored,

Yet known within,

Seeking knowledge

Of Truth therein.

 

Down many roads

I've traveled thus far; 

And along each path,

I've gazed at a star 

And wonder'd anew

At the feeling I feel,

To know that this path

Is true and real.

 

The Spirit Within

Calls to my Soul,

Telling of wonders

I've yet to behold.

And my Soul, though timid yet,

Strives for awareness: Never forget

The original path

My wandering takes,

O'er hills and streams,

By mountains and lakes,

Past village and town;

'Neath skies so bright;

Through caverns and storms

That blot out the light

Of inner knowing

That all is right.

 

Yet onward I go,

Seeking my sight...


© 2014 Donald C. Rice Jr.



4 comments: